[PC-BSD Testing] Installing proces fails

Hans Ruhe hansruhe1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 07:47:38 PDT 2013

Hi Kris,

My usb stick is not working anymore, so I will say what happened installing
the latest iso 9.1 iso.

I have a Z77 motherboard with an I3 processor Ivybridge. When installing I
come to the install window and can select Dutch. So than I choose the
Desktop I wanted (I tried several configurations, KDE only, with Gnome and
Xfce, XBMC etc)

Than the installation starts and stamping the file system on the harddisk
(which is 100% ok) .

Than I see the unpacking process and the installation. But than I notice
the following. There are two sliders, the one for the overall and the one
for the individual files being installed (files for instance for the Gnome
desktop)
The strange thing is that in the overall I see all the files flying by, but
for the individual files concerning the package which is installing at that
moment, nothing happens.
Still the process is going on to the end and than I get the message
installation failed.

I looks as if the files in a temp are  not being placed on the harddisk
where they belong.

Hope this is helpfull, I hope to buy me a new USB stick very soon.

Best regards,
Hans