[PC-BSD Testing] FreeBSD Server problems via PCBSD install

W. Anderson wanderson at nac.net
Tue Jan 29 09:17:18 PST 2013

After indicated successful install of FreeBSD server via PCBSD 9.1 DVD
on local server,_/"ports"/_ was not installed as requested in checkbox,
and I am unable to either download ports from FreeBSD mirrors or
(re)install ports from PCBSD 9.1 DVD or separate FreeBSD 9.1 disks which
does not recognize my install via PCBSD.

I am also unable to get PCBSD 9.1 and FreeBSD 9.1 via PCBSD 9.1 to
install on _/two other OEM/_ servers (SuperMicro), with a pause at error
message ""_/No usable event timer found"/_ and then a continuous reboot
loop. These computers work perfectly with installs of CentOS , Ubuntu or
Gentoo based Linux configurations. One of these servers previously
accepted FreeBSD Server install with PCBSD rel 9.0.

Wendell Anderson
wanderson at nac.net