[PC-BSD Testing] Upgrading from 9.1-RC3 to 9.1-RELEASE

Johann Hugo jhugo at meraka.csir.co.za
Thu Jan 24 23:00:37 PST 2013

On Tuesday 22 January 2013 09:22:32 Kris Moore wrote:
> On 01/21/2013 01:54, Johann Hugo wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >

> > What is the best way to upgrade from 9.1-RC3 to 9.1-RELEASE. I've
> > tried the system update manager, but I get an error: No such meta-pkg:
> > Unsupported-Desktops.
> >

> > Regards
> >
> > Johann

> What meta-pkgs do you have installed? If you uninstall the
> unsupported-desktop ones in RC3 before starting the install, does it
> continue?

There are a couple of meta packages that prevents it from updating and I
cannot delete them .

E.g.
pc-metapkgmanager list | grep Unsupported -B 5

Meta Package: Unsupported-Desktops
-------------------------------------
Icon: /var/db/pc-metapkgmanager/pkgsets/pcbsd/Unsupported-Desktops/pkg-
icon.png

 pc-metapkgmanager status Unsupported-Desktops
ERROR: No such meta-pkg: Unsupported-Desktops

pc-metapkgmanager del Unsupported-Desktops
Pending Meta-Package changes: 1
ERROR: No such meta-pkg: Unsupported-Desktops

more /var/db/pc-metapkgmanager/pkgsets/pcbsd/Unsupported-Desktops/pkg-desc
Additional desktops and Window Managers for experts.

Same error from update manager:
Failed to install:System Update to 9.1 ERROR: No such meta-pkg: Unsupported-
Desktops

pc-metapkgmanager del Misc
Pending Meta-Package changes: 1
ERROR: No such meta-pkg: Misc

In the end I just moved them away from
/var/db/pc-metapkgmanager/pkgsets/pcbsd/

Here is the list of directories I moved:
Desktops
Development-IDE
GNOME
Hardware-Drivers