[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 9.1. and multiple screens

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 16 08:58:30 PST 2013

I have here an Ubuntu 12.mumble system that I am looking at replacing
with a PCBSD
install, however it has two screens on some nvidia card

lspci says GF108  GeForce GT 440 rev a

when I boot the PC-BSD install CD, it shows the background as being
double width, as it
it were stretching across both displays, but it's on;t the left hand
side of the background
that shows on each display.  or, to describe it another way, bot
displays have the same
background, which is the left hand side if the PC-BSD isotope screen,
stretched.

if I install like this, will I regret it?  Do we support dual displays
on this card?
one is plugged into the digital output and one into the analog.

Julian