[PC-BSD Testing] Printing from ePDFview - LXDE

Bridger Dyson-Smith bdysonsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 06:59:25 PST 2013

Hi all,

This references a thread on the forums [1], but I'm mentioning it here,
too. I hope I'm not generating noise, but I'm not sure about where to
report a problem like this.

The Problem: 9.1, amd64, LXDE; ePDFview doesn't provide an option to print.
E.g. no Print entry under the 'File' menu, and ctrl+p doesn't do anything,
either.

Solution(s)? The Emma-Soft trac wiki mentions building with CUPS support
[2].

Since this is installed as part of the LXDE meta-package, what's the best
way to fix it? Should I remove the pkg and build the port, or will that
conflict with the meta-package? Or, alternately, remove the pkg and build a
PBI?

Thanks for your time & trouble. 9.1 has been a treat to use so far!
Bridger

[1] http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=19076
[2] http://trac.emma-soft.com/epdfview/