[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9.2 Install failed !!!

Curt Dox tigersharke at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 17:47:59 PST 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Andreas Hotz <aufderalb at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hallo !
>
> No way to configure my ATI express 200m during Installation,
> wheter with ati,ati-3d,radeon,radeon-3d, even Vesa failed !!! :-(
>
> I would be very happy, if anybody support me with my problem ? !
>
> --> Maybe with a boot loader prompt OPTION or a emergency boot OPTION !
>
> I would help spread PC-BSD by installing it my friends laptop DEll
> Inspiron 1501,
> if not I had to use Linux !
>
> Thanks for your very good support
>
> Andreas Hotz
>
> PS: when I use GhostBSD 3.0 Live Install --> no Problem to boot into
> the Install Screen ? ? !

Hello!

It would be very helpful for us to diagnose the problem(s) if you can give
more details. Knowing which media was used, whether i386 or x64, and what
precise hardware you have will all be significant. There are a few
diagnostic commands that will provide needed information. Since you can
boot GhostBSD, perhaps you can paste the output (as root from an xterm, ie
command line) of:
dmesg ; pciconf -l -cv

I wish you success in getting this resolved.