[PC-BSD Testing] where did my icons go?

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed Jan 9 06:33:42 PST 2013

On 01/09/2013 06:44, Julian Elischer wrote:
> I just upgraded from 9.1-RC3 to 9.1 and the icons in my screen (the
> default 3, appcafe, and two others (system management I think was
> another), have disappeared.
> also the little starry thing on the top right hand corner of the (KDE)
> screen has gone away.
>
> any ideas as to why?
> It's a test vmware image. All I do on it is upgrades and I've never
> fiddled with any settings. literally I installed RC2, upgraded to RC3
> and then RELEASE and now the icons are gone.
>
> no settings were touched on the way.
>
> Julian

Are you sure that you logged in to KDE and not something else like fluxbox?

I have noticed that the upgrade does not always install all the base DE
packages if any of the sub-packages were also selected. So it is usually
a good idea to re-add the DE from the system manager after an upgrade
just to make sure everything is there.

--
~~Ken Moore~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems