[PC-BSD Testing] Firefox won't remember file association for opening a file automatically

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 23 22:49:49 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm running PCBSD 9.2 and have a problem automatically using the set application for opening files.

I set the default application for .doc files as OpenOffice, in the system settings and also in Firefox.

However whenever I click on a .doc file Firefox presents the dialog to save or open the file regardless of whether the checkbox to remember the choice is set or not.

I couldn't cross check this is Chrome as that functionality doesn't seem to exist.

This is nothing recent - I've noticed this behavior for a long time.

Bug?

...Jeff