[PC-BSD Testing] Rolling release criticism

Rodney Lewis rodney.lewis at tortoiseblog.com
Mon Dec 16 23:35:46 PST 2013

I agree the rolling release maybe a bit to adventurous for my tastes because of the increase in problems.
To mitigate this I use zfs and create a new boot environment or snapshot before applying any updates or apps. This has saved me many times.
I would like this to be automatically done when installing updates or apps/pbis as part of the update process. Maybe installing patches in to the boot environment so only a reboot is required also.

--
Rodney Lewis