[PC-BSD Testing] Rolling release criticism

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 19:50:09 PST 2013

I agree, it's terribly frustrating.

I'd say more testing and release updates only every quarter unless it's a security issue.

I stopped using T-bird with Gmail because it's too slow and buggy.

I long for the day when Flash is dead!

There exists a similar problem with Drupal - but at least there I can use a deployment manager to clone a website, test updates and deploy the DB on the new platform after testing.  Pity there isn't a similar two-step process with the OS, i.e., some way of rolling back easily like setting a restore point in Windoze.

...Jeff

Hello,