[PC-BSD Testing] Next 10-STABLE image available

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Dec 2 11:18:24 PST 2013

The next PC-BSD 10-STABLE image is now available for download!

http://iso.cdn.pcbsd.org/10-STABLE/amd64/

Disclaimer

This image is a very early cut of the new stable/10 branch of FreeBSD
and is probably only suitable for advanced users or developers. A PKGNG
repository is available for this release, however it is missing a number
of packages we would normally ship with, such as virtualbox drivers, KDE
accessories, etc.

Updating

If you are updating from an earlier version of 10-STABLE you may need to manually run "pkg-static upgrade" and remove any conflicting packages. This is due to the switch to Gnome3 and the Linux Centos 6 compatibility layer.

New Features

* Includes FreeBSD 10-STABLE / 10.0-BETA3 from 11/20/2013
* Includes the Gnome3 / Mate / Cinnamon desktops, replacing Gnome2.
* Updated installer options for text-mode, including ZFS options
* Improved PBIs support
* Updated our Linux compatibility layer to Centos 6
* Numerous bug-fixes

10-STABLE notable features

* Updated KMS / AMD driver support
* ISO file is a hybrid USB file, and can be "dd"ed to a USB media.
* New text-based installer
* New UEFI loader on installation media
* Able to select between GRUB/BSD loaders during installation
* New desktops! Gnome 3, Mate and Cinnamon
* And much more!

Reporting Issues

Found a bug? Please report it, in as much detail as possible, to our
Trac database:

http://trac.pcbsd.org/