[PC-BSD Testing] ATI video problem (10.0 image) and/or remote ssh access

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Sun Dec 1 01:39:36 PST 2013

I've problem with 10.0 image(s) and my netbook having integrated ATI
Radeon X200 card.

After submitting ticket, it was closed and I was told to contact FreeBSD
devs which I did and I'm told to try with possible workaround for
problem in detecting integrated cards in new ATI driver.

I do set: hw.pci.default_vgapci_unit="0" param in grub, but that freezes
machine after launchine gui installer - one can't use neither mouse nor

FreeBSD dev recommended to try to access machine remotely via ssh and to
provide dmesg & xorg.log, but it seems there is no sshd available in
installation iso image?

Any hint how to troubleshoot it?

One who restrains his senses, keeping them under full control,
and fixes his consciousness upon Me, is known as a man of
steady intelligence.