[PC-BSD Testing] Mount tray detects SCSI disks as USB devices

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Aug 27 07:39:33 PDT 2013

On 08/27/2013 07:32, Claudio L. wrote:
> One correction:
> On 08/25/2013 12:46, Claudio L. wrote:
>>>
>>> da1 is listed as a "USB Device", and then it fails to mount (tries
>>> to mount with mount_msdosfs). This is particularly weird, since da0
>>> is not shown, only its slices, but da1 shows as a separate disk.
>>> da1s1 is also listed as "USB Device" (even though it's my root ZFS
>>> disk already mounted).
>>>
>>> da2 is correctly listed under its Windows label
>>>

> I recently swapped the cables and got confused when writing the post,
> so my root ZFS drive is actually da2, not da1 (sorry, my mistake), and
> da2 is not shown, so the paragraph above should've said:
>
> da1 is listed as USB Device (even though it shouldn't be listed).
> da1s1 is correctly listed under its Windows label.
>
> da2 is not shown at all (which is correct).
>

> Claudio

That is good to hear, at least the current OS pruning is working
properly.. :-)

If I recall correctly, if a parent device (da1) has children (da1s1) the
algorithm will only list the parent of it satisfies a stricter set of
criteria (seeing if it has additional available space/ filesystems). I
will check on that though and make sure. I will probably just need to
tighten up the restrictions on parent devices even further.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems