[PC-BSD Testing] Sound Mixer GUI not functional

Hans Ruhe hansruhe1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 00:33:35 PDT 2013

HI Jacob,

I have a Z77 motherboard with a nice soundcard as well. The thing is that
you can connect your soundcard to several devices such as a digital one.
That means that such a device has a digital input like a 75 Ohm or Toslink
input.
It is very easy to check. Do you have a headphone ? Put the little plug
into the green (usual) input connection of your soundcard. Than go to the
Sound configuration in the PCBSD control Panel or as you say the  Sond
Mixer Gui. The PCM 2 means a stereo channel. The PCM 4 means a surround
channel.
So put it on PCM 2 and than click on test the sound. Than you must hear a
short sound, If you can hear it, click on apply.

Best regards,
Hans