[PC-BSD Testing] 9.2 beta images, disk vendor names are cut off..

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 11:00:23 PDT 2013

> It is only working on the da devices because it is a stable sort and the devices are almost in order before the sort.
> Warner

we need your help, what is the correct way for pc-sysinstall to sort the disks?

if we toss out sysctl -n kern.disks... the following worked for me..

 # cat /var/run/dmesg.boot | grep 'MB (' | awk -F':' '{print $1}' |
sort -k2 -t'a' -n | tr '\n' ' '
ada0 ada1 da0 da1 da2 da3 da4 da5 da6 da7 da8 da9 da10 da11 da12 da13
da14 da15 da16 da17 da18 da19 da20 da21

Sam Fourman Jr.