[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD -STABLE (9.2-BETA2) Images available
lars.engels at 0x20.net
Sat Aug 10 07:24:04 PDT 2013
On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 10:55:22AM -0400, Kris Moore wrote:
> The latest PC-BSD 9-STABLE (Based upon FreeBSD 9.2-BETA2) images are
> now online! These images contain a number of bug fixes to the PC-BSD
> tool-chain, along with a number of improvements to installation. We
> will begin rolling 9.2-RELEASE images shortly, so please report any
> bugs / issues found in this most recent -STABLE.
> Download it now
So I did and here are my findings / suggestions:
- When a different language than English is selected, the change is not
made in GDM, so I had to change the language and keyboard settings
there again. It might also be useful if the language settings were
also set automatically in the first run wizard.
- In the first run wizard when you create a user the order of the fields
is "Full Name" "Username". In the PC-BSD User Manager it's the other
- In KDE, the icons for the AppCafe and PC-BSD System Settings have the
red bubble with the exclamation mark on them. That was already fixed
some time ago, but it's back again.
- IMHO when you click the "Install Now!" button in AppCafe there should
be a "are you sure?" question before the actual download starts.
- Downloading System Sources does not work:
When I click the button to download, a new window appears with title
set to "Portsnap progress" text "Downloding FreeBSD sources" and after
one or two seconds "Finished!", but /usr/src is still empty.
- Downloading Ports Tree works, but it does not show any progress during
the download. Would that be possible to implement?
- pc-grubcfg does not start:
GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library druing
'pthread_mutex_lock': Operation not permitted. Aborting.
- In the warden config, shouldn't the temp dir point to /tmp or /var/tmp
by default instead of /usr/jails?
- Installing a Debian Linux Jail with the warden does not work: the
download script exits because iso.cdn.pcbsd.org cannot be resolved.
- Though I set the Warden temp dir to /tmp, aria tries to download to
I think that's it for now, apart from the things I listed, it's a very
nice installation. :-)
The installation itself went smoothly
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 196 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Testing