[PC-BSD Testing] 9.2 beta images, disk vendor names are cut off..

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 13:03:59 PDT 2013

> Fixed!
>
> https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd/commit/33f5a6dc70321b5596d2485f619b9c094131dd95
>
> --

ok as long as we are on cosmetic issues, that offer no functional
change, I have another...
on the VERY next screen, when you check mirror.. to set up a zpool mirror...

it appears the disks are sorted in the wrong order(or rather un-intended order)
I have 25 disks in this machine... I know I should be using FreeNAS.. but well,
FreeNAS is all about ZFS... GREAT! so I go to install it, and well...
I can't install to a Zpool... What the hell :)
but that's a subject for a different email, on a different list.... :)

anyway in the TrueOS installer....

the disks show up like this:
ada0
ada1
ada2
those are off the motherboard controller... thats fine...

now on my ARC-1222 cards they show up like this:

da0
da10
da11
da12
da13
da14
da15
da16
da17
da18
da19
da1
da20
da21
da2
da3
da4
da5
da6
da7
da8
da9

How hard is it, to make them sort intuitively da0,da1,da2,da3.....
da10,da11,da12.... da20,da21,da22....

--

Sam Fourman Jr.