[PC-BSD Testing] Missed CDN Switch: Updates no longer possible?

Stephan Lichtenauer sl-pub-lists at honeyguide.de
Mon Aug 5 00:14:39 PDT 2013

On 08/02/2013 18:12, Kris Moore wrote:
> On 08/02/2013 11:04, Stephan Lichtenauer wrote:

>>> Here you go!
>>>
>>> # mkdir /tmp/patch
>>> # cd /tmp/patch
>>> # fetch -o patch.txz
>>> http://web.pcbsd.org/~kris/cdn-update-20130702.txz
>>> <http://web.pcbsd.org/%7Ekris/cdn-update-20130702.txz>
>>> # tar xvf patch.txz
>>> # sh update.sh
>>>
>>> That will manually apply the update to the CDN.
>>>

>> Thanks a lot, Kris, but - it seems that it does not help (if I am not
>> doing something completely wrong):
>>
>> su -
>> Password:
>>  ~# mkdir /tmp/patch
>>  ~# cd /tmp/patch
>>  /tmp/patch# fetch -o patch.txz
>> http://web.pcbsd.org/~kris/cdn-update-20130702.txz
>> patch.txz                                     100% of   56 kB 51 kBps
>>  /tmp/patch# tar xvf patch.txz
>> x ./
>> x ./update.sh
>> x ./pc-metapkgmanager
>> x ./pc-updatemanager
>> x ./pc-thinclient
>> x ./dd3920955c2fcf9bcc66b20dc0d89354
>> x ./functions.sh
>> x ./pbi_info
>>  /tmp/patch# sh update.sh
>> TOTALSTEPS: 3
>> SETSTEPS: 1
>> SETSTEPS: 3
>>  /tmp/patch# pc-updatemanager check
>> fetch:
>> ftp://sysupdate.pcbsd.org/pub/system-updates/patchset/patch-pcbsd-9.1-i386.tgz:
>> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>>
>> Anything I am missing?
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Stephan

> Can you run this again? It may have been related to the webserver
> reboot we did earlier. Should be fixed now.

Hi Kris,

I tried again a few minutes ago and indeed it looks differently, but
unfortunately there still seems to be an error.
pc-updatemanager now finds something, but installing it still gives "Not
found" error messages:

<<<<<>>>>>

/tmp/patch#  pc-updatemanager check
/tmp/.sysupdateaou2VW/sysupdate-9.1.tgz       100% of 3657  B  326 kBps

The following updates are available:
------------------------------------
NAME: Boot-loader and beastie.4th fixes
TYPE: PATCH
DATE: 04-08-2013
TAG: beastiefix-04082013
SIZE: 1
STANDALONE: NO
REQUIRESREBOOT: NO
DETAILS: http://trac.pcbsd.org/wiki/patch-20130408-beastie

To install this update run "/usr/local/bin/pc-updatemanager install
beastiefix-04082013"

NAME: Update Mirrors to PC-BSD CDN
TYPE: PATCH
DATE: 07-02-2013
TAG: cdn-update-20130702
SIZE: 1
STANDALONE: NO
REQUIRESREBOOT: NO
DETAILS: http://trac.pcbsd.org/wiki/patch-20130702-cdn

To install this update run "/usr/local/bin/pc-updatemanager install
cdn-update-20130702"

/tmp/patch# /usr/local/bin/pc-updatemanager install cdn-update-20130702
DOWNLOADING: Update Mirrors to PC-BSD CDN
fetch:
http://update.cdn.pcbsd.org/system-updates/noarch/cdn-update-20130702.txz:
Not Found

fetch:
http://update.cdn.pcbsd.org/system-updates/noarch/cdn-update-20130702.txz:
Not Found

fetch:
http://update.cdn.pcbsd.org/system-updates/noarch/cdn-update-20130702.txz:
Not Found

fetch:
http://update.cdn.pcbsd.org/system-updates/noarch/cdn-update-20130702.txz:
Not Found

ERROR: Failed to download: Update Mirrors to PC-BSD CDN

Best regards

Stephan