[PC-BSD Testing] Missed CDN Switch: Updates no longer possible?

Stephan Lichtenauer sl-pub-lists at honeyguide.de
Fri Aug 2 08:04:38 PDT 2013

On 08/02/2013 15:33, Kris Moore wrote:
> On 08/01/2013 11:46, Stephan Lichtenauer wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> it seems that I have missed the window during which the CDN upgrade
>> package could be downloaded by pc-updatemanager from a (standard,
>> non-rolling) PCBSD 9.1.
>>
>> I remember that some weeks ago UpdateManager listed some updates
>> including CDN but I decided to postpone the update, now I wanted to
>> update but no matter what I change the mirror setting to, I always
>> get error messages like this one:
>>
>> > pc-updatemanager check
>> Using mirror: ftp://mirrors.isc.org/pub/pcbsd
>> fetch:
>> ftp://sysupdate.pcbsd.org/pub/system-updates/patchset/patch-pcbsd-9.1-i386.tgz:
>> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>>
>> How do I tell my PCBSD that now is the time to change to CDN so it
>> can call home again?
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Stephan
>
> Here you go!
>
> # mkdir /tmp/patch
> # cd /tmp/patch
> # fetch -o patch.txz
> http://web.pcbsd.org/~kris/cdn-update-20130702.txz
> <http://web.pcbsd.org/%7Ekris/cdn-update-20130702.txz>
> # tar xvf patch.txz
> # sh update.sh
>
> That will manually apply the update to the CDN.

Thanks a lot, Kris, but - it seems that it does not help (if I am not
doing something completely wrong):

su -
Password:
  ~# mkdir /tmp/patch
  ~# cd /tmp/patch
  /tmp/patch# fetch -o patch.txz
http://web.pcbsd.org/~kris/cdn-update-20130702.txz
patch.txz                                     100% of   56 kB   51 kBps
  /tmp/patch# tar xvf patch.txz
x ./
x ./update.sh
x ./pc-metapkgmanager
x ./pc-updatemanager
x ./pc-thinclient
x ./dd3920955c2fcf9bcc66b20dc0d89354
x ./functions.sh
x ./pbi_info
  /tmp/patch# sh update.sh
TOTALSTEPS: 3
SETSTEPS: 1
SETSTEPS: 3
  /tmp/patch# pc-updatemanager check
fetch:
ftp://sysupdate.pcbsd.org/pub/system-updates/patchset/patch-pcbsd-9.1-i386.tgz:
File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)

Anything I am missing?

Best regards

Stephan