[PC-BSD Testing] Missed CDN Switch: Updates no longer possible?

Stephan Lichtenauer sl-pub-lists at honeyguide.de
Thu Aug 1 08:46:22 PDT 2013

Hi all,

it seems that I have missed the window during which the CDN upgrade
package could be downloaded by pc-updatemanager from a (standard,
non-rolling) PCBSD 9.1.

I remember that some weeks ago UpdateManager listed some updates
including CDN but I decided to postpone the update, now I wanted to
update but no matter what I change the mirror setting to, I always get
error messages like this one:

 > pc-updatemanager check
Using mirror: ftp://mirrors.isc.org/pub/pcbsd
fetch:
ftp://sysupdate.pcbsd.org/pub/system-updates/patchset/patch-pcbsd-9.1-i386.tgz:
File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)

How do I tell my PCBSD that now is the time to change to CDN so it can
call home again?

Best regards

Stephan