[PC-BSD Testing] 9.1-Rolling error with system-config-printer

Mikey ilzilly at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 08:04:07 PDT 2013

Hello,

Fresh install using PCBSD9.1-RELEASE-04-12-2013-x64-DVD.iso with KDE desktop. All default install options.

If I try to configure a printer using the PCBSD Control Panel, I receive a dialog box prompting me for the root password, but after authenticating nothing else happens.

When trying to configure a printer from the command line, I receive the following error:

====================
[mikey at pcbsd-1581] ~% pc-su system-config-printer
Qt conversation started.
Qt conversation finished.

** (process:7549): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GMountMountFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (process:7549): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (process:7549): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GSocketMsgFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

(system-config-printer.py:7549): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: cannot connect to the session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(system-config-printer.py:7549): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: cannot connect to the session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 'pthread_mutex_unlock': Operation not permitted.  Aborting.

All of this works fine if I install from the original 9.1-RELEASE (non-rolling) media. This is something new in the rolling release.

Can someone explain what I need to do to configure a printer?

Thanks,
Mikey