[PC-BSD Testing] 9.1-RELEASE troubles

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 09:25:52 PDT 2013

I used to run 9.1-PRE until recently when I had to hose it so as to install
9.1-RELEASE.

1. On the machine, I could do ctrl+alt+fN to get a console login prompt.
Now if I try that I get display corruption (VGA corruption) and I cannot
get any to console. I have to open a terminal window within my login. I
configured the display as before. In fact I even tried reusing my xorg.conf
from 9.1-PRE and no luck!

2. I have attempted to install a rolling release as per instructions
elsewhere, but update manager doesn't seem to find any system update. I get
system package updates which also fail to install.

Now I am wishing I remained at 9.1-PRE but that is a silly thing to do...

What do I need to do?

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,