[PC-BSD Testing] Browser plugins only work in one specific browser, Firefox 15

Jacob Daniels jacob.dan1984 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 16:29:33 PDT 2012

An Odd thing I just noticed....
All the media plugins,gecko-mediaplayer-plugin and it's associated
bunch(WMP, Divx,Real,etc)....Excluding Flash only work in firefox 15 not
firefox_ESR, opera or chromium

Is this due some limitation of PATH or is it a linuxulator issue?

Also, can some answer a Question that's been bugging me recently?

Would it be possible to port "Google-Chrome" to bsd for the latest flash
support.... or is there a licensing(or coding) issue concerning this?
As I heard from quite a few people that Google-chrome is the exact
duplicate of chromium minus baked in flash and some statistical/bug
reporting features.

Would any appreciate input on these two subject matters!

Thanks!