[PC-BSD Testing] ThinkPad T420 Video setup

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Tue Sep 18 16:12:00 PDT 2012

On 9/18/12 8:11 AM, Kris Moore wrote:
> The X -configure command is causing it to go haywire. Do you have an
> option to select a single GPU in the BIOS? That makes it work on my T520.

Here's what I found:

Choosing "discrete" (NVidia) in BIOS will allow it the installer and
installed OS to work. Suspend and resume even worked!

Unfortunately, this choice is often lost at reboot. I believe an OS can
make the choice but I have no idea what would be required to implement that.

Somewhat related, I am not sure what type of trackpad the T420 has but
the ksynaptics package did not appear in the control panel. Two fingered
scrolling would be very nice to have. Are there any packages I should try?

Thanks,

Michael