[PC-BSD Testing] Firefox is running ok now :-)

Arthur A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Sat Sep 15 18:32:11 PDT 2012

On 09/15/2012 2:06 PM, Hans Ruhe wrote:
> Hi Kris en Ken,
>
> Firefox is running ok now. I tested it with complex webpages ( a lot
> of flash etc) and it is ok, fast too once running.
>
> Thanks for the good work.
>
> Best regards,
> Hans

Hey guys. I know a lot of buzz has been made about the SPDY support in
Firefox but I challenge some of you to turn on pipelining. Do an
about:config in your address bar, then type in pipelining in the search,
set network.http.pipelining, network.http.pipelining.ssl,
network.proxy.pipelining to true. Mozilla's had it for like 8 years but
no one's been using it. Now that Google's pushing SPDY v3 as the http
2.0 standard--but also working on pipelining as well--, Mozilla's
pushing hard to get a pipelining standard too. Gloves are off so pick
your team!

Arthur