[PC-BSD Testing] Vdpau and other issues, take 2

Jacob Daniels jacob.dan1984 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 04:37:15 PDT 2012

Hi, I am not a techie(as I only know basic configuration of pc-bsd so I
would not know the specifics off hand) and the fix was in a mageia
developer/Testing mailing list, so I will attempt to email them and ask,
which fix it was and get back to you, when I have the time
(I had to delete the message, as the mailing list goes to my ISP mail inbox
and space is Quite limited there)

also linux mint's version of the flash plugin seems fine too
as well as google-chrome's(not chromium) Version 22.0.1229.26 beta is
unaffected as well as it is using the 11.3 flash "pepper" plugin,
specifically...(11.3.31.318)

I believe it would take alot less time for you,(or maybe not) if we were
able to port the offical google-chrome if it has a 32 bit version and there
is no legal wrangling or any hurdles porting it to freebsd

Otherwise, until I get more specific information from the mageia community
, I am afraid I can not be of further assistance as my time Is often quite
limited , /strained/erratic and unpredictable as I don't have the luxury of
a set schedule , due to being a freelancer for an income

And Oh, btw, I forgot to mention my system specifications
AMD Phenom2(Thuban) 1075T
Hitachi 80GB sata-2
Asus M4A79XTD EVO main board
Evga 520 GT nvidia GPU

Ok , I'll be back with the specifics on the flash plugin fix shortly (If I
can)

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!

Have a good day!