[PC-BSD Testing] Intel Graphics HD2500 xorg problems

Blitzkev blitzkev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 18:39:17 PDT 2012

Hello,

I was told to use this mailing list by the guys in the irc channel. I'm
running into some issues that are detailed in this forum post
http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=17749

My system specs are as follows
i5-3450 (HD 2500)<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116506>
Samsung 830 SSD
ASUS P8H77 <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131841>
16GB DDR3-1600

I'm using 9.1RC1 and the install works flawlessly, upon first reboot I get
the chance to confirm that I would like to use intel drivers and use a
1920x1200 resolution, after hitting accept my monitor loses input however
and I don't seem to be able to do anything from that point onward. More
details, as well as xorg logs, are in the forum post.

I'm using 9.1 because 9.0 doesn't have drivers for the onboard NIC.

Doing kldload i915kms blanks the screen, I can then type startx blindly and
it pops up what might be basic xorg but it gets stuck there.

I'm out of ideas, any advice on where I should go form here?

Thanks,
Kevin