[PC-BSD Testing] no sound in 9.1-RC2

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Oct 25 13:22:39 PDT 2012

On 10/25/2012 15:51, Hans Ruhe wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> In the Control Panel there is the sound config icon, where you can
> find the correct soundcard for your system. I had to find out too, but
> after choosing the correct configuration it worked very well :-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Hans
>
> 2012/10/25 James T. Nixon III <james at ixsystems.com
> <mailto:james at ixsystems.com>>
>
>     Hey guise,
>
>     A few of us are experiencing issues with sound.  Has this been
>     discovered already?
>
>     --james

I did find an issue with this from devd calling sound-dev-changed.sh
during system bootup. To fix grab this file:

# svn co
svn://svn.pcbsd.org/pcbsd/current/overlays/desktop-overlay/usr/local/share/pcbsd/scripts/sound-dev-changed.sh
# mv sound-dev-changed.sh
/usr/local/share/pcbsd/scripts/sound-dev-changed.sh
# chmod 755 /usr/local/share/pcbsd/scripts/sound-dev-changed.sh