[PC-BSD Testing] 9.1-RC2 ssd, hdd and trim

N V vans9 at yandex.ru
Tue Oct 23 01:14:50 PDT 2012

Hi.

That's cool that someone pointed to the camcontrol identify. I was going to
write about it too.:) May be there is some system call available for us so we
don't have to parse output. But if you find parsing ok - may be that's the way
to detect device's trim capability.
Another note is that I don't know the realiablity of identifying TRIM
capabilty. Are all drives report their TRIM capability reliably?

Regards,
Vans.