[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD9.1-RC(1,2) on Dell Latitude not usable

Productnews productnews at hvf.ch
Mon Oct 22 09:03:50 PDT 2012

I experience severe problems when I try to install PCBSD9.1, both with
RC1 and RC2, which make PCBSD unusable for me.

Configuration: Dell Latitude D610, 2 GB mem, 80 GB HD, 320 GB USB disk,
Intel i915 graphics (1400x1050), USB-PS/2 optical mouse.

Installing RC1 from USBLite

1. when choosing language (Deutsch), installer asks to abort the
installation
2. does not ask for keyboard layout (Swiss German)

3. After reboot, the display wizard shows up, determines display as
Intel, 1400x1050. Pross OK -> screen goes black, system is dead,
CTL-ALT-DEL has no effect, CTL-ALT-F1 etc has no effect.

Obviously the system is useless this way.

Booting RC2 from USBLive

4. the display wizard shows up (like in pt 3 above),  determines display
as Intel, 1400x1050. Pross OK -> screen goes black, system is dead,
CTL-ALT-DEL has no effect, CTL-ALT-F1 etc has no effect.

Obviously the system is useless this way.

regards, Harald