[PC-BSD Testing] Very good news and my apologies, testing 9.1 rc2 with Gnome and KDE on a Republic of Gamers ASUS board

info at godot.de info at godot.de
Thu Oct 18 13:46:58 PDT 2012

Did test the x64 installations from RC2 USB LIVE Installation.
After Upgrading RC1 to RC2 32bit on 64 Bit Hardware some drivers/scripts are breaking the system, so backup and installing new.
SMBD and WINBIND not starting from existing rc.conf automatically.

(Fresh Installation with USB LITE x86/64 is ok)

Starting pc-sysinstaller on ASUS x64 i3 SandyBridge with LXDE advanced disc wizard with ZFS RAID are showing errors when using ada0 and ada1:

#zfs create -p tank0... ok
#zfs set ...
#pc-sysinstall: starting extraction
EXITERROR: ERROR: Failed extracting the tar image

(before copying and after known working partition trick when going back and for to mirror ZFS)

It seems difficult to install from LIVE medium and to boot from USB image.
Would be great to hear from others reproducing.