[PC-BSD Testing] Here are the votes of The Republic of Gamers :-)

Hans Ruhe hansruhe1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:17:04 PDT 2012

Hi Kris,
I tested again and got a bit further. I think I was a bit to enthusiastic
clicking the NVIDIA drivers. Now I only chose the NVDIA and it worked ! The
resolution of my screen was perfect.

Unfortunately I got other  errors, like when I created the user and root,
after the reboot, the  system got back with the error messages that they
both do not exists ! So consequently no home directory was made, neither
for the root and the user.

Booting was not a pleasant experience. It took a long time. Downloading
firefox went ok and also installing (supposedly) but no icon came on the
desktop and it came not in the application list of the start menu.

As I have a recent motherboard I suppose that a lot of the errors is also a
consequence of that ? Does Freebsd already support Ivy bridge hardware ?

Best regards,
Hans