[PC-BSD Testing] Unable to start PostgresSQL in Jail

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Oct 16 07:39:43 PDT 2012

On 10/09/2012 19:20, Francis Ridder wrote:
> To further clarify I have tried this both in a traditional jail and a
> ports jail.
> It looks like sysvipc_allowed is not being set by the host on the
> jail. As I stated before, it is set to one on the host. If I manually
> do:
>
> jail -m jid=1 allow.sysvipc=1
>
> The value is now correctly set on the jail and initdb works and
> postgres starts. Also, it does look like there are a few other flags
> that are not passed in:
> security.jail.mount_allowed: 0
> security.jail.chflags_allowed: 0
> security.jail.allow_raw_sockets: 0

There is a way to do this, but it hasn't been documented yet. If you go
to /usr/jails/ directory, look for the
".<ip>-meta/" directory. Then create a new file called "jail-flags" and
put "allow.raw_sockets=true" into it. Then when you restart the jail,
it'll have this option enabled. I'm going to make this option on by
default for 9.1, and add some additional command-line functionality
allowing you to set / get these jail options. It'll support any options
you want to pass to the "jail" command at startup.