[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9.1-RC2 - Now available!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Oct 11 08:27:36 PDT 2012

On 10/11/2012 06:22, Hans Ruhe wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have the same experience unfortunately.
> Hope you can repair it !
>
> Best regards,
> Hans
>
> 2012/10/11 Lars Engels <lars.engels at 0x20.net
> <mailto:lars.engels at 0x20.net>>
>
>     On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 06:47:07PM -0400, Joshua Smith wrote:
>     > The RC2 images for the upcoming PC-BSD 9.1 are now available for
>     i386 and amd64 architectures!
>

>     Great, and I really want to install it, but the GUI Installer doesn't
>     let me:
>
>     "Failed to install:System Update to 9.1-RC2 Failed to install update!
>     Please check your network connection, or change mirror servers in the
>     System Manager."
>
>     Not too verbose, so I tried running
>     "pc-updatemanager install release-9.1-RC2"
>
>     Which shows the correct error message:
>     "ERROR: Less than 2GB free on /usr, please clear some additional space
>     to continue!"
>
>     # df -h /usr
>     Filesystem         Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
>     /dev/label/usr0     14G     11G    1.9G    86%    /usr
>

>     It would be helpful if the GUI would also show this error message.
>

>     On a side note: When I right-click the Update Manager Icon in the tray
>     the first entry is "Updatemanager wird gestartet." ("Starting Update
>     Manager").
>
>     Is that a mis-translation?

Do you both have less than 2GB available in /usr? If so, there isn't a
lot I can do, aside from tell you to free up some space. The update is
going to download between 1-2GB of data.

The right-click issue sounds like a mis-translation though, you may want
to check for that string on pootle.pcbsd.org :)