[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9.1-RC2 - Now available!

Lars Engels lars.engels at 0x20.net
Thu Oct 11 02:44:21 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 06:47:07PM -0400, Joshua Smith wrote:
> The RC2 images for the upcoming PC-BSD 9.1 are now available for i386 and amd64 architectures!

Great, and I really want to install it, but the GUI Installer doesn't
let me:

"Failed to install:System Update to 9.1-RC2 Failed to install update!
Please check your network connection, or change mirror servers in the
System Manager."

Not too verbose, so I tried running
"pc-updatemanager install release-9.1-RC2"

Which shows the correct error message:
"ERROR: Less than 2GB free on /usr, please clear some additional space
to continue!"

# df -h /usr
Filesystem         Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/label/usr0     14G     11G    1.9G    86%    /usr

It would be helpful if the GUI would also show this error message.

On a side note: When I right-click the Update Manager Icon in the tray
the first entry is "Updatemanager wird gestartet." ("Starting Update
Manager").

Is that a mis-translation?