[PC-BSD Testing] some minor 9.1RC2 problems (was Re: 9.1 rc2 usr/src problem)

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed Oct 10 03:33:45 PDT 2012

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 13:40:19 -0700
Michael Dexter <dexter at ambidexter.com> wrote:

> "Fetch Ports Tree" from the "System Manager" only gave me a
> /usr/ports/distfiles directory. Normal?

Same problem here...I had to use: portsnap fetch extract.

Another gotcha: when selecting ZFS mirror, installer offered only
single '/' mount point, so  I had to go back, select single disk
install (got many mountpoints), again back, selected mirror and all the
'default' mountpoints were ready.

Another problem is some syntax error with the:

compat5x_enable="YES"

line in /etc/rc.conf...missing '=' or something. Forgot what it was
exactly, but got many msgs in console during the boot.

Sincerely,
Gour