[PC-BSD Testing] Unable to start PostgresSQL in Jail

Francis Ridder francis.ridder at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:20:23 PDT 2012

To further clarify I have tried this both in a traditional jail and a
ports jail.
It looks like sysvipc_allowed is not being set by the host on the
jail. As I stated before, it is set to one on the host. If I manually
do:

jail -m jid=1 allow.sysvipc=1

The value is now correctly set on the jail and initdb works and
postgres starts. Also, it does look like there are a few other flags
that are not passed in:
security.jail.mount_allowed: 0
security.jail.chflags_allowed: 0
security.jail.allow_raw_sockets: 0