[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9.1-rc3 failure at X configuration

Craig Thacker bsdunixdb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 00:42:27 PST 2012

Hello everyone,

The installation of PCBSD 9.1-rc3 seems to go through straight forward
enough until it reaches X configuration. My monitor (1366x768) and video
chipset (Intel) are picked up fine. However, when I click to confirm, my
monitor loses the signal and switches off.

I have tried manually setting the refresh rates and video chipset, to no
avail, with the same results. Further, trying vesa mode ends in the same

I am hoping this can be fixed in time for PCBSD 9.1 proper, and any
assistance in the meantime would be much appreciated.