[PC-BSD Testing] ThinkPad T420 Video setup

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Wed Nov 21 13:46:13 PST 2012

On 9/20/12 8:30 AM, Kris Moore wrote:
> Thanks for the pciconf! I've been able to add new detection for Optimus
> to the startup. Now if Optimus is found, it will not load the nvidia
> driver, and default to intel :)
>
> http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/19425
>
> This will be in the upcoming RC2 for testing.

Trying 9.1RC3 on the T420 with a kernel with all firewire devices and
options disabled:

Both Optimus and Optimus OS detection appears to panic the system when
the X wizard launches on boot.

Integrated graphics will work with a very sharp KDE desktop but resume
gives several white bars and no response.

Discreet NVidia graphics continues to work fine in all ways.

Michael