[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9.1 RC3 does not detect RAID device

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Nov 19 09:11:15 PST 2012

On 11/17/2012 06:51, Live user wrote:
> My computer has 2x64GB SSD memory blocks, which gives a 128GB RAID0
> block device provided by the motherboard. When running the installer,
> the raid is not detected. Fedora does detect it, under /dev/md126 with
> the following software:
>
> Model: Linux Software RAID Array (md)
> Disk /dev/md126: 128GB
> Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
> Partition Table: msdos
> Disk Flags:
>
> Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
>  1      1049kB  8450MB  8449MB  primary  ntfs         diag
>  2      8450MB  8555MB  105MB   primary  ntfs         boot
>  3      8555MB  128GB   119GB   primary  ntfs
>
> Any possibility to get pcbsd installed on it? A capture is here:
> http://i50.tinypic.com/2hycqie.jpg

Can you boot the PC-BSD installer and do some poking around to find out
what device if any it uses?
If you right-click on the wallpaper you can bring up xterm. If you run
"gpart show" or "dmesg | more" maybe the device will show up. If it
does, I need the device name it uses to make the installer probe for it.
Something like "da0" or "/dev/raid/<device>"