[PC-BSD Testing] Attempted update to 9.1-RC3

Bridger Dyson-Smith bdysonsmith at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 03:51:37 PST 2012

Hi all,

1) Would it be possible for Update Manager to pass the same errors as
pc-updatemanager? I had tried to get to the update a few times this morning
through the Update Manager, but it keep returning the following error:

"Failed to install:System Update to 9.1-RC3 Failed to install update!
Please check your network connection, or change mirror servers in the
System Manager."

After a couple of attempts in the GUI (checking mirrors) I ran
pc-updatemanager and this was the result:

# /usr/local/bin/pc-updatemanager install release-9.1-RC3
ERROR: Less than 1GB free on /, please clear some additional space to
continue!

Having that CLI error available in the GUI might help someone save a bit of
time. :)

2) I double-checked /:

# df -h /
Filesystem            Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/label/rootfs0      2G    1.1G    659M    64%    /

Oops. Would someone be willing to share some ideas on how to go about
cleaning up /? I started looking around, but I'm not really sure where to
start. Maybe there are some previously applied updates (RC1 > RC2) that are
cached?

Thanks in advance.
Bridger