[PC-BSD Testing] Fwd: Re: RC3 Release notes draft

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Fri Nov 16 10:51:21 PST 2012

On 11/16/2012 13:07, Matt Olander wrote:
> Congratulations to the PC-BSD team for this RC! I'll get this up and
> running this weekend!
>
> Cheers,
> -matt

Enjoy!

FYI for users on ZFS.

If you are using any kinda of recent disk drive, you may wish to
consider re-installing fresh with RC3 or 9.1-Final when it hits. Some
code went into RC3 which forces ZFS to use 4k block sizes, and the
performance gain is quite significant. The install on one of my systems
went from 40 minutes down to about 15, so its a huge difference. :)