[PC-BSD Testing] 9.1-RC2 help doesn't

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Wed Nov 14 23:11:58 PST 2012

problem 1

So when I log in, the first thing that pops up is a 'tips' type screen
that points out features of the toolbar..
like the life-preserver etc.  Only problem is that there is no
toolbar, and no hint as to how to get one.
Nor is there any hint as to how to start programs or how to start a
shell. about 5 minutes clicking on things didn't produce much success
but I eventually did find some stuff by accident.

fresh install (under vmware on my OS-X 10.6 laptop).

problem 2..
I unstalled tuxmath to see if it was suitable for my child.
but the (vmware) screen suddenly shrunk to a small window and the
video of the games are only partly visible in the window.
If I choose to go full-screen, the same happens (but of course the
screen doesn't shrink) It looks like the game is choosing
(unsuccessfully) some funny resolution.

problem 3..
at some stage in my forst session after install, just as I installed
tuxmath, the PCBSD system control window suddenly greyed out, with a
message "reading files" (or similar) and never came back.
attempting to click on the 'x' button to make it go away got a
"process not responding" message similar to OS-X does,
except that the PID given in the window didn't exist.

Julian