[PC-BSD Testing] Blue men Fix

Juergen Lock pcbsd-testing-l at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Wed Nov 14 14:28:04 PST 2012

Hi!

 I got a reply by Nvidia's Andy Ritger, he is not subscribed so cannot
post himself but I quote his reply here:

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:59:51AM -0800, Andy Ritger wrote:

> Hi Juergen,
>
> I assume the issue reported here is the Flash U/V plane swap bug worked
> around by this commit:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~aplattner/libvdpau/commit/?id=ca9e637c61e80145f0625a590c91429db67d0a40
>
> The latest Linux libvdpau library built/shipped by NVIDIA should contain
> that fix, and you should also be able to build libvdpau yourself from
> the source here:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~aplattner/libvdpau/
>
> I don't know how the PC-BSD nvidia-driver ports gets its libvdpau,
> hopefully the above gives enough information to help sort this out.
>
> Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
>
> Thanks,
> - Andy Ritger

[end quote]

 I think PCBSD gets its Linux libvdpau from the FreeBSD nvidia driver
like FreeBSD itself, like in the version I tested that's currently in
FreeBSD ports,

	http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/FreeBSD-x86_64/304.60/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86_64-304.60.tar.gz

it's

	NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86_64-304.60/obj/linux/libvdpau.so.304.60

 If this is fixed in the latest version all is fine, then just the
FreeBSD port,

	http://www.freshports.org/x11/nvidia-driver

and possibly PCBSD needs to be updated, I've Cc'd the port maintainer.

 Thanx! :)
	Juergen