[PC-BSD Testing] Volume control broken on multiple WM's

Jacob Daniels jacob.dan1984 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 08:20:40 PST 2012

Hi,
I have successfully tested LXDE, and the volume control in the taskbar is
disabled, with the icon showing that it is "muted" and when I right click
on the volume icon , there is no way to select it, as it is not available
in the menu, but grey-ed out

only way to change the volume setting is to use "mixer" from the Terminal
interface.

The audio chipset is made by VIA, and uses the Intel "Azalia" HD
specification

But I forgot the exact model number, but I would be more than Glad to
provide it, if told how to do so

Also some times what you type in the Terminal interface gets misinterpreted
 after hitting enter, or the letters get displayed wrong, but this is
intermittent