[PC-BSD Testing] install works, system fails to boot

Randy Schultz schulra at earlham.edu
Wed Nov 7 10:19:55 PST 2012

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, Randy Schultz spaketh thusly:

-}Okies.  Update.
-}
-}Selected UFS filesystem.  Let it finish, clicked on "Finish".  Screen goes
-}blank, system hangs.  Let it sit for 5-10 mins, no change.  Power cycled the
-}box(had to hold power button in until it shut down).  Power the box back on,
-}let it POST and get to the F1 FreeBSD prompt.  This is the same as before, no
-}change.  This time however it does boot the kernel.  The box gets to X
-}configuration stage, does it's checking, pops a dialog about finding the X
-}settings, keep yes/no.  I click on keep(or whatever the yes button says since
-}the setting are good, 1900x1200 IIRC).  Screen then goes blank, system never
-}comes back.  It's been sitting there for >10 mins as of this writing.

One other quick note I forgot to add - it had selected the Intel vid driver
(there is no vid card, the monitor is simply plugged into the mobo's SVGA port)

--
 Randy    (schulra at earlham.edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

nosce te ipsum