[PC-BSD Testing] Suggestion: Can we have a functionality to change the size and spacing of the desktop icons

Bridger Dyson-Smith bdysonsmith at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 16:18:35 PDT 2012

Hi Claive,
which DE are you using?

LXDE offers this functionality; I would think/expect Xfce, Gnome, and KDE
to do the same. In LXDE, I think the right way to do this is open up your
file manager (PCManFM) and select Edit > Preferences > Display. There are
options there to resize the icons on your desktop. This will affect the
icons in PCManFM, too.

You can resize the Desktop icon labels with a right-click on the Desktop >
Display Preferences > Text & modify the Font value.

HTH,
Bridger