[PC-BSD Testing] System Settings Video

Andreas Hotz aufderalb at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:41:32 PDT 2012

2012/11/2 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>:
> On 11/01/2012 05:49, Andreas Hotz wrote:
>> Hallo, may be there aren't a lot of pc-thinclient user ! ?
>>
>> But is there a way to control the video settings via gui
>> in the System-Setting or at boot up the client with F6
>> at start option ?
>>
>> Thanks for your support
>>
>> PS: changing the xorg in the editor isn't so easy !
>>

>> Thanks for your support
>>

>> A.Hotz
>
> Thin-client is for a very small subset of users, so far less of them I'm
> sure :)
>
> Right now the clients just default to letting Xorg auto-detect the best
> resolution, which it sounds like isn't working well in your case. Once
> you do get a working config though, in the text-menu you can select to
> "Save" the config for that client, so it'll keep using it each time you
> reboot.
>
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems

Thank you for your reply !

I do know the "Save" option, but during reading your
mail, I had a new idear of testing different xorg entries
in the vi editor in the video menue in the thinclient,

Maybe I push my problem a little bit further...to solution !

A.Hotz

PS: "I can't life with PC-BSD but I can't life without it"