[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9-STABLE-20120524 snapshot now available!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed May 30 12:37:56 PDT 2012

On 05/30/2012 15:26, Arthur Koziol wrote:
> Kris,
>
> Might be  a FreeBSD bug as 64-bit is installig just fine for me now.
> This is a Dell Optiplex 960 with integrated Intel G45. How many x86
> snapshots have you put out so far, 3 right? The initial one from late
> Feb/early March (first snapshot with xorg 7.5.2) worked fine on x86
> for me. Anything you want me to try?
>
> Arthur

Ok, that helps. Sounds like a FreeBSD issue then, if the 64bit stuff is
working. That early snapshot was before I rolled in the GEM / KMS bits
though, so it's possible that its still that patch causing the problem.
I think what we'll have to do is wait for FreeBSD to roll their first
9.1 BETA, then retest, and file a PR at that point. The beta should have
all the patches we use itegrated into the system, so at that point they
can start to seriously debug it.