[PC-BSD Testing] Interesting motherboard of Asus

Hans Ruhe hansruhe1 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 11:00:00 PDT 2012

Hi Guys,
I stumbled upon this motherboard of Asus which is suitable for both server
as desktop use in a sense that the hardware on this board is made suitable
for this purpose.

It is the* Asus P8C WS* for the Ivy bridge processors for the Xeon E3-1200
processors as  well as it uses the C216 chipset. Also memory usage is
flexibel both ECC as Non ECC modules can be used.
Normally I do not make a fuss about this, but I was thinking he this is
usefull for PCBSD :-)

I do not know if the support for this motherboard is that far by PCBSD.

Best regards,
Hans